January 2, 2009

Oh you Snow!

I don't know if in reality I could really live in the snow. I don't do exceptionally well in the cold, I tend to freeze easily (what can I say, I'm a California Girl!). I could probably count the number of times that I have been to the snow on my fingers and toes, it's a luxury in my household, but tomorrow I'ma going to the snow! And I am oh so very excited. It's nothing special really, just a quaint day trip up to Tahoe with some of the family and yet, I am bouncing off of the walls. My cousin and older sister and I always have "dream trips", Disneyland in December, the Caribbean, House Boating, Camping in Yosemite, Beach House, fondue, grand things that we conjure up and then disappointingly never works out. The snow has been on that list for a very, very long time. We always mention it at least once a year. It's normally brought up with our pleasureful reminiscings about the days when we were just youngings and our family would rent a log cabin in the blizzardy snow peaked wilderness. So since, for once, something has finally worked out, I'm taking off early this week. Hope everyone had a great new years and may you all have a pleasant weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun in the snow dear Lizzy, and keep warm! drink lots of coco!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the snow - I hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was it darling? I'm so anxious to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red and white! So real and perfect. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read your words :)