October 7, 2008

Typewriter Art by Paul Smith

My Uncle sent me these photos of Paul's Art and at first I thought it was just some pencil or charcoal drawings. But get this, all of these were done using nothing more than a typewriter.


Can I just be the first to say WOW. All of this guy's art has been done on a typewriter. Can you believe that?!? This is one of those things that I just can't seem to wrap my mind around. How is a human being capable of doing something like this and have it look so good?


Paul Smith was more than capable as you can see, and guess what? He had Cerebral Palsy.

Obviously Paul did not let that stand in the way of achieving greatness.


All of Paul's artwork is done using only the signs: @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _


And as Paul got better he developed techniques to create shadings, colors, and textures.


Very impressive. If you want to learn more about Paul and see some more of his amazing stuff click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to read your words :)